Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Finding Time

Okay, so I'm not very good about posting on here, so I thought I'd do a quick post on my lunch break. I really never know what to say. Running/working out is such a roller coaster. Last week I worked out or ran 5 days of the week, and I felt great! This week we had our kids birthday parties, get togethers with friends, pool time, busy at work (I work full time outside the home), swim lessons, etc. so it seems like I haven't had any time to fit in my work outs. I have been absolutely exhausted, last night I went to bed at 8:45! I had every intention of getting up early this morning and running, but I woke up late and only got 20 minutes in. I'm hoping to get gym time in after work, but my husband is working late so I don't know if I'll get it done before I have to pick the kids up from school. I've been trying to stick to my diet, but with kids birthdays it's hard! We go out to dinner, have parties, cake of course. So this week has been hard for me. I know everyone struggles, so I'm telling myself to do what I can this week, and next week maybe I can get back into it as much as I'd like to. 

My husband keeps telling me to schedule a 5k for us to do, but in the summer that sounds horrible! I run early in the morning or on my treadmill because I DESPISE running in the hot and humid weather. I can't breathe, I'm slow, I'm sweaty, and I hate every step of it. I guess I'll see what races are scheduled, but I'd rather wait until September to do another race. But that would be 4 whole months without a race, and I've never went that long since I've been running! 

It seems like I go weeks without losing any weight, or lose 1/2 pound a week, but if I let myself slip I gain 15 pounds in a month! Why does it go on so much faster than it comes off?? It sucks. I guess I'm blessed with fat genes and a slow metabolism, and I truly have to stick to healthy eating for the rest of my life to stay in shape. 

I am so happy I started this blog/page because it helps me to stay accountable when I know all of you are watching me! And I can't believe I have over 300 likes on my page in such a short time, you guys are amazing! Thank you for all the love and support, it truly means the world to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment